BASED IN THE UK FOR UK SUPPORTERS COMMITTED TO HELPING SICK CHILDREN IN AFRICA
Donating to the Children's Hospital Trust
At the Children’s Hospital Trust we have recognised that there are a large number of South Africans living in the UK who want to feel a connection with ‘home’ and help ‘give something back’. Others such as businesses, schools and faith groups want to help make the lives of children in Africa better.
Supporting the Children's Hospital Trust South Africa could not be simpler – we are helping very sick children from marginalised communities in South Africa. Monies donated today will help a sick child tomorrow.
The Children's Hospital Trust South Africa is a UK registered charity
(No. 1121573) with an independent board of Trustees. All funds raised go directly in aid of the Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital. Our aim is to help fund this amazing Children’s Hospital and support paediatric healthcare in South Africa.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Click here to sign up for our quarterly eNewsletter
2014 Fundraising Projects
- Development of a Paediatric Rehabilitation Programme at St Joseph’s for Chronically Ill Children for children requiring inpatient rehabilitation in Cape Town, South Africa.
- The African Paediatric Fellowship Programme trains African doctors in highly specialised paediatric skills who return home to improve training and child health delivery in their own countries.
- The Sarah Fox In-patient Paediatric Palliative Care Unit will establish a 10-bed unit to provide care for children who are dying or have terminal illnesses.
Supporting the Trust
If you believe in the excellent work that we are doing and would like to help, there are many ways you can support our charity organisation:
Organise your own event
You can organise your own fundraising event to benefit the Hospital and paediatric healthcare programmes in South Africa. We can offer guidance and advice on sponsorship, services and event ideas (gala dinner, golf day, raffles, auctions etc...).
Participate in an existing event and fundraise
You could add value to an already established or planned event by participating and making the Children's Hospital Trust South Africa your beneficiary.
In celebration (donations in lieu)
You can show a friend or loved one you care in a thoughtful and generous way by making a donation-in-lieu of a gift. Whether for a birthday, anniversary, wedding, or another special occasion,
We will mail your honouree a letter advising them of your gift (this notification will not include your donation amount, just your name) and you will receive a Gift Aid certificate.
When making your donation make sure you indicate the celebration occasion and include the full name of the person you are celebrating, as well as their mailing address.
You can also nominate the Trust as a beneficiary of your own special occasion. You can ask family and friends to make a donation via our website, cheque or bank deposit listing your name as the honouree.
Making a donation in memoriam is a considerate and powerful way to honour your friend or loved one who has passed on. When making your donation, please include the full name of the tribute recipient. If you would like us to notify their next of kin of your gift, make sure you also include the next of kin's full name and mailing address.
We will promptly mail a personalised sympathy card to the nominated family informing them of your gift. You will receive a tax receipt and your donation will be fully tax-deductible.
Have you worked or trained at the Red Cross War Memorial Hospital? If so we would love to hear from you. We are developing a special UK alumni called the UK Friends of the Red Cross War Memorial Hospital.
Big thanks to:
- Cheam School, Berkshire, UK, for their ongoing fundraising initiatives.
- Thank you to Graham Baragwanath who is riding in the Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour to raise funds for the Trust.
- The annual Do It For Charity Santa Run in Victoria Park, London, on Sunday 7th December. The fun run is set to bring a flash of red and Christmas cheer to parts of London as Santas from up and down the country tackle the 5km and 10km courses. To run on behalf of the Children's Hospital Trust contact email@example.com
- Entries are open for the Cape Argus Pick n Pay Momentum Cycle Tour. If you would like to cycle as part of the Children's Hospital Trust charity team please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or click here for more info.
Run your own events or challenges
Make the Children’s Hospital Trust your chosen charity. Sports tours cake sales and sponsored events. Please contact Ben Hall for an information pack.